Membership runs on a calendar year basis. 2018 membership fees are now due. Membership fees cover your child’s insurance plus affiliation to the GAA and the general running of the club. Naomh Barróg GAA club is a non-profit organisation that puts all of its funding into developing and maintaining sporting facilities for our communities. Finances are always tight so it is vital that everybody pays their membership promptly. Membership forms can be printed from here:
We have had 3 weeks of football matches. Both football teams have done very well, with the A team sitting at the top of division 2 and the B team lying 2nd in division 8. Now we enter our first hurling week. From now each week will alternate between hurling & football. PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW REGARDING FÉILE.
Wednesday February 27th:
- A hurling 7:00 – 8:00 in Pairc Bharróg
- B hurling 6:15 – 7:15 in Pairc Bharróg
Friday March 2nd:
- A & B hurling 7:00 – 8:00 in Pairc Bharróg
Saturday March 3rd:
- A hurling v Ballinteer St.John’s in Marlay Park, Ballinteer. Meet in Pairc Bharróg at 1:30.
- B hurling v Cuala in St.Fintan’s High School, Sutton. Meet there at 2:15.
We will be playing in the Féile na nGael hurling competition and the Féile Peil na nÓg football competition this year. Both involve a weekend of blitz-style matches against other Dublin clubs with winners and runners-up going through to semi-finals and finals. Traditionally there is some extra pageantry and excitement around the Féile competitions. All participating boys that have paid their full membership will receive a set of Féile club gear. The dates for the Féile competitions are:
- Féile na nGael hurling: April 21st – 22nd
- Féile Peil na nÓg football: May 5th – 6th
Please be available for these dates.