We will focus on Hurling again this week in the lead up to the Hurling tournament next Sunday. We will go back to normal next week alternating between football & hurling. The tournament promises to be an enjoyable event with medals & treats for the kids. Please let us know by 6pm on Wednesday 21st whether your son will or will not be available to play in the tournament.
- Monday May 19th: Hurling match v Naomh Barróg under 11’s at Pairc Bharróg 5.45pm-6.45pm. See note below re Tournament
- Wednesday May 21st: Optional Hurling puckaround in Pairc Bharróg 6.30pm-7.30pm.
- Thursday May 22nd: Hurling training 7.00pm-8.00pm in St.Annes Pitch 12 from 7.00pm-8.00pm. We have moved the time & location to try to enable more mentors to attend in order to improve coaching.
- Saturday May 24th: Hurling matches
> 2-team group 1 v St.Sylvester’s in Bridgefield, Malahide (see map below). Meet at Pairc Bharróg at 10.00 sharp.
> 2-team group 2 v Naomh Mearnóg in St.Annes Pitch 12. Meet there at 10.30 sharp.
- Sunday May 25th: Hurling tournament v Ballyboden St.Enda’s & Cuala & Na Fianna in Ballyboden St.Enda’s Firhouse Road grounds (see map below). Meet at Pairc Bharróg at 12.30pm. The tournament will finish at approximately 4pm.
HURLING TOURNAMENT: Ballyboden St.Enda’s have invited us to participate in an annual hurling tournament that they host called Féile Iomann. It is to be held on Sunday, May 25th from 2pm – 4pm. We are 1 of only 3 clubs invited. The other 2 clubs are Na Fianna & Cuala. There will be a match played against each club then all teams will compete in a ‘final’. These 3 clubs are amongst the elite of hurling clubs in Dublin. This is a great honour and will be a great opportunity to benchmark our children’s progress against the best clubs in Dublin. We will put an emphasis on hurling coaching over the next 2 weeks to prepare. We will also encourage the children to try to get in some practice at home so watch your windows 😉
Dick Fields has recently started publishing a newsletter chronicling the founding and progress of Naomh Barróg since the early 1970’s. It is a great read and can be viewed here.
Map to St.Sylvester’s Bridgefield grounds:
Map to Ballyboden St.Enda’s Firhouse Road grounds: (The final section of this map as it appears is incorrect. Follow the directions as far as the turn onto the R114 Firhouse Road then the pitches will be on your left after 300 metres)
View Larger Map